One of the French Ministry of Industry’s winners of the “Innovative Web Tools for Business” contest, Mail2RSE is led by Kwaga and Jamespot, with the help of NTIC en Stock
Paris, March 14th, 2012 – Jamespot and Kwaga, the creators that specialize in Enterprise Social Networks (ESN) and the semantic analysis of emails, respectively, announce the launch of a research project that aims to converge emails and ESN. In order to further boost innovative startups, the French Ministry of Industry has proposed a contest in which the Ministry will select the most forward thinking concept that has the power to change the face of business. Mail2RSE is one of the winners of the project that calls for “Innovative Web Tools for Business” launched by the Ministry of Industry in the summer of 2011.
Instead of giving in to the foreshaddowed death of email attributed to the irresistible rise of ESN, Jamespot and Kwaga believe these tools with co-exist in businesses and want to propose, through Mail2RSE, a reconciliation of these forms of communication within the workplace.
The fact is that professionals alternate between the use of these two forms of media, depending on their work circumstances, specifically where and how they work, and will work on defining:
- How to adapt these tools to the users’ needs?
- How to facilitate the ease of use?
- Gateways – the ability to publish an article in the ESN from an email client as well as invite the correspondents to follow the conversation or plan a project (delegate tasks, organize an event, etc.).
- Contextualization with semantic analysis: the ESN is one of the new places of knowledge management. It would be valuable to benefit from this information while composing an email on a given topic.
- Searching within the ESN from an email: the proliferation of these means of communication has the disadvantage of making it difficult to find information after the fact. How to integrate information from the ESN within the email without duplicating it?
The Participants of Mail2RSE:
- Jamespot, creator of an Enterprise Social Network, a platform that permits the sharing of information and interacting with its collaborators.
- Kwaga, creator of the email semantic analysis platform.
- NTIC en Stock, a company that specializes in “Cloud” Solution consulting, will be the user in this test project.
Alain Garnier, CEO of Jamespot, welcomes the Mail2RSE project, “Developing this with Kwaga has allowed us to make an essential short-term approximation between email and social networking enterprises. We have the firmly believe that these two worlds are to work together, not oppose each other. Ultimately, we will be able to leverage social networking with the democratization of email for the sole benefit of the end user.”
Gaëlle Recourcé, Scientific Director of Kwaga adds, “Anticipating that business uses will emerge through these new tools is not only exciting but also essential to Jamespot and Kwaga. It reflects on the capitalization and fluidity of information that are now assigned to our Reference Materials: both the ESN and email.”
Led by three entrepreneurs of the digital world for over fifteen years, Jamespot believes that the Web transforms and boosts the way companies and individuals use information. Social networking is the ideal business tool for sharing information, interacting, collaborating and stimulating daily activity. A communication and Collaboration 2.0 tool, Jamespot is simple, easy to use, and has all of the functions of a social network coupled with collaborative spaces that accelerate the business process.