Whether you just discovered Evercontact or have been faithfully using our service for a while now, we want to take a moment to clearly outline our data policy and reinforce how seriously we take user privacy.
With all the recent Facebook breaches and other security threats out there, the time seems right. Please know that user privacy, security and transparency from our end has and always will be our top priority.
We’re in the business of keeping your contacts up-to-date, secure and always backed up. We’re here to help you, not give you any unnecessary insecurities.
Security + Privacy
What you should know.
- Evercontact works off email signatures, extracting and interpreting that information only. All other email elements are immediately purged from the Evercontact system
- We will NEVER, EVER contact your contacts without your explicit consent (think: Referral program)
- Your contacts are secure, backed up and available to you at anytime
- All our data is stored in either Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud – both of which have financially backed Evercontact as part of their startup program.
- We use secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other encryption technology when transmitting your Personal Information between your system and ours.
- We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
- For paying customers we use a safe + secure checkout. Stripe and Paypal are our partners for this.
How To Further Secure Your Contacts
ContactRescue is our one-time service that extract contacts from your email archives to get your address book fully caught up. It comes with a CSV file that you can store and take with you wherever you like. It’s your best way to protect your contacts and easily recover them should anything ever happen.
We’ve been in business for years now, having amassed an amazing clientele and positive press that we’re extremely proud of.
Evercontact customers include teams + individuals at companies such as Spotify, Hootsuite, KW, WSJ, Oracle and more. We strive to continue to provide value and dependability to all customers.
Our reputation is important. Publications such as TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wired, Business Insider and more have helped us establish that.
While our product is a “set it and forget it” service, we’re a team of real humans. We love to talk with our customers and are ALWAYS here for you. We’re more than happy to answer any questions or address any further concerns you might have.
Also published on Medium.